The New Facebook

I just don't get it. Why in the world does Facebook want to change things up when they have a good thing going? I got on Facebook back in '04 before it was the cool thing to do. Since then they have changed their site up so many times I can't even count. I know, I know, they are just trying to customize their site and translate what they believe their subscribers want, but I think they missed it on this one. I just joined Twitter in January. Until then I knew little about it. After about a month on Twitter I loved it and began using it more than Facebook. But the thing is this, I use the 2 sites for 2 completely different things. Facebook is what I use to stay in contact with friends and people I actually know. I use Twitter to build relationships with people I may not know or ever even meet, but that have common interests with me.


With the new Facebook update, they are trying to take what Twitter has and become the dominant social networking site. I get what they are trying to do, but not everyone on Facebook has a Twitter account. So why throw this new monster at them, especially the new users that are still getting used to using Facebook. Either way, I will now use Facebook even less after the change of their site. I prefer Twitter for up-to-the-minute news and information as well as conversing with others.

Facebook, please do us all a favor and go back to your old ways. It worked. Why change a good thing?

1 comments:

Profoundly Simple March 18, 2009 at 11:27 AM  

Sometimes companies forget who they are and the consequence is often their users get confused and go somewhere else.

Post a Comment